Tuesday 12 February 2013

POLP Week 1: Exposure

Here are the resources that we looked at this week.

Exposure Triangle PDF

Camera Modes PDF

Aperture PDF
Being encouraged to put the camera into Manual and play with the exposure was very liberating. I sometimes feel constrained by the idea of the 'correct' image that you somehow have to capture. Playing with the light and exposure like this was a lot of fun and reminded me that what you want to achieve is the only rule.















All of the photos in this update were taken with ISO 800, shutter 1/50 and a variety of apertures. Here are three of Mark, who I was looking around the building with. I like images that tell or even suggest a story.



Seeing the photos that other people take in the same environment is fascinating - basically an opportunity to see the world through their eyes. At one point Mark spent some time looking at a table.

 Later when I saw the photo - a study of shape and shadows - I knew it was of something I simply would not have considered. I've included it as it was on my camera and I like it so much. I hope that you will take it as a compliment Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment