Wednesday 6 March 2013

White balance

I found some resources on the web that helped to explain this - and make it clear that the cameras settings are just an introduction. The originators of these diagrams retain their copyright.

This chart shows the colour temperatures and some of their equivalents.




























These symbols match the pre-sets on my camera

The camera pre-sets are guesswork designed to save time - they are not exact.

I tend to adjust the WB a lot because I have noticed the difference that it can make. This collage, also from the web, shows some contrasts.

It is something I'd like to research and experiment with. Here are some shots showing the various white balance pre-settings on my camera and shot under artificial light at Fielden. The exposure is the same throughout.

AWB










Bright sun 











Shade
Overcast/cloud
 Tungsten lightbulb
 Florescent tube
 Flash
Custom (not set)











Kelvin/candlelight



1 comment:

  1. Good, thorough research this - perfect for your journal

    ReplyDelete